Monday, April 12, 2010

Fighting My Body Composition

So for the past few years I have been very into working out ... amongst other things.  A myth I would love to get rid of is - Women who lift heavy weights will look like a huge body builder or China from that wrestling show.  That is completely wrong!  For so long before I finally started doing some research I thought that the only way I could lose weight was cardio cardio cardio!  But, what women don't realize is muscle burns fat!  Woman do not produce enough testosterone to have a body builder body.  The more muscle you have the leaner you look!  Your body begins to become smaller and you get tighter.  A lot of the times I see people who just do cardio  ... THEY LOOK LOOSEY GOOSEY!  They have flabby loose skin all over the place.  That is because they don't work with weights! 
I have found that lifting weights has made it quicker for me to lose weight rather then just doing cardio ... I have been fighting my body composition for a very long time.  That is what most people are trying to do when they go to the gym.  Other then the flirting and being social part :)  I pretty much thought I was just "thick" or "big boned."  I mean I looked like a replica of spongebob square pants because I had no shape at all!  Lifting weights helped me change that.
Look at Jessica Beil ... I mean that is my goal body.  I don't want to be some skinny boney girl with no muscle tone.  I love that athletic and still elegant look.  Beast mode started today!  So this is day 1 again and I am sure you will hear me say that again.  I am definitely missing the consistent part!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment