Friday, May 7, 2010

A Day for my Mom ...


“A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” -Washington Irving


Happy Mother's Day Mom ...

As we both know we have a special kind of relationship then most mothers and daughters have, thank you for being everything in the world to me.  Thank you for holding my hand when I was a young girl showing me the way and thank you for believing in me enough to let me find my way without you and being there whether I succeed or fail.  You have shown me the way the world really is, have comforted me when I need it,  you can mend my heart with just simple words without even being physically with me.  Being around you is a blessing but I know that even though we have our own things going on in our lives and we don't get to see each other as often, you are always there.  You have shown me the world through your eyes, never sugar coated anything, most of which has made me so strong and continue to become stronger.  You have made me into the woman I am becoming and I am so thankful to you for that.  I love you unconditionally and you have taught me something that a lot of people have trouble doing ... You have taught me to not just remember the bad things but most of all remember the good.  Forgive things that have happened to you and find what good has come out of the situation.  You have taught me things that a lot of mothers neglect to teach their children when they are younger; you knew that playing the role of a friend to me while I was growing was something that wouldn't benefit me in the future.  You are my mother first then as I got older you became my mother and friend.  You truly make me feel one of a kind ... you make me feel that I can do anything.  Just seeing and hearing how proud of me you are makes me feel like I am 10 feet tall. 

I LOVE YOU.
MAHAL KITA.
ALWAYS.
FOREVER.
BEA

No comments:

Post a Comment